Monday, 30 May 2011

Tattoo's and the stigma of having them.

Everyone knows how i love tattoos. I am pretty covered and am proud to be. Even the kids at the school i work at call me tattoo man. I get people asking me about them all the time, and love talking about the reasons and the head space i was in when i got them. I have never for a second worried about my artwork. Until last week.

As those who know me, i have been working on a short film "PAL" at the school i work at. We won a competition to make one for a film festival, and i came on board as a technical adviser, who ended up helping with filming, editing and whatever else was needed. It was an amazing experience and i thank EJ for letting me be apart of it, as it has inspired me to do more in the industry. Im going off topic, so here is the issue.

We had to do some PR bullshit last week. I drove the boys down and EJ drove the girls. We were all so excited as we were going to see where our film was to be showed, where Dungog actually was, and for the chance to get in the paper/tv/whatever else they had lined up. Personally i was super stoked as i like doing things that are different. I have been battling with the limelight for years. My self esteem has been so low most my life, and i thought maybe this would bring me up. Lame i know.

We had the photos done, we loved seeing where the movie was going to be. I felt really happy that i was apart of something.

We went back to the viewing and i was told that i could no longer be apart of the photos. I am tattooed and it wasnt what they wanted. This was said at a film festival. A place where creative people hang out. A type of art. Are they fucking serious?? Now i know i am just whinging, and i probably will be told to shut up by a certain drama english teacher of mine, but i was totally bummed. I worked so damn hard and now i wasnt allowed to be apart of anything, like the kids were.

I decided that they are stupid heads. Mainly because tattoos are exploding in popularity. I mean if you look at the friends you have, i guarantee a large percentage of them have one. I just took it to the extreme. In fact after this, i am looking at getting my hands done, just to piss everyone else off!!

James out, looking at tat designs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment